Sometimes you just can’t decide what to brew. You want to try all your exciting new single-origin coffees, but you don’t want to get crazy hopped up on caffeine. Well, we’ve got way around that.
All you need is our newest coffee combo pack – the Hario V60 dripper plus a set of three 2.5oz tubes with some of our favorite single-origin coffees. We’re going to brew 3 small cups (about 6oz) of each so that we don’t have to play favorites and choose just one.
- Weigh out 15g of the first coffee you want to try, and grind it pretty fine (coarser than espresso, though). Put a filter in your V60 and rinse it to remove the papery taste before putting in your coffee and placing over your favorite mug.
- Heat 250g of water. Pour 30g over the grams and let them bloom for 20 seconds (normally we would say 30 seconds for the bloom, but it’s a small cup).
- Pour the rest of your water over the grounds, aiming to finish at 2 minutes total brew time.
- Remove the filter, swirl your coffee, and smell it! Since you’re brewing several coffees today, it’s a great opportunity to notice the differences between not only tastes, but aromas as well.
- While you’re sipping your first coffee, noticing all the unique flavors, set up the next one and repeat steps 1-4. Then do it all over again.
*Pro-tip: Save a little bit of each cup as you’re brewing the next one – the flavors of coffee change dramatically as it cools. Compare the three brews when they’re hot and when they’re cold – you’ll be surprised!
Have questions about brewing at home? Shoot an email to email@example.com.