Coffee Lingo: Demitasse

espresso copy

Demitasse: (n.) what is this, a coffee cup for ants?!

A demitasse (French for “half cup”) is simply a fancy word for a small coffee used to serve espresso or Turkish coffee. We also use them for our single-shot macchiatos. Often accompanied by a small plate and spoon, demitasses generally hold 2 to 3 fluid ounces, and they’re really fun because you feel like a giant drinking coffee. Do giants drink coffee? Whatever.

About La Colombe Coffee Roasters (511 Articles)
Take life to the next level. Everyone deserves cafe quality coffee, anywhere. #CafeAnywhere

2 Comments on Coffee Lingo: Demitasse

  1. Demitasse French for one sip of coffee


  2. davidmilkfrotherjudge2015 // October 23, 2015 at 5:41 am // Reply

    Actually, it is very much true that one feels like a giant sipping coffee out of the cup or I shall say managing to sip coffee out of a small cup. I generally go for a demitasse when I feel the urge for a cup of hard black coffee.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: