Coffee is basically our most committed relationship. It’s there for us when we wake up, it’s on our mind when we go to sleep. We’re not too shy to say it – we love coffee. So we want to treat it right, to make it happy, to be the best coffee drinkers we can be, from bean to brew. Here’s 5 ways to treat your coffee right:
- Keep it fresh. The taste of your coffee starts with the quality and freshness of your beans. Pick whole beans that are less than two months off roast date and grind fresh before every brew.
- Be sweet to your beans. Protect them from the main coffee killers – light, oxygen, and moisture – by storing them in an airtight container in a cupboard. No need to freeze!
- Put in the work. A high-quality coffee won’t taste its best if the brewer doesn’t do the due diligence. Show your coffee what it means to you by getting a scale, committing to a burr grinder, and perfecting your homebrew technique.
- Buy it pretty things. Get a beautiful mug to make your coffee feel like royalty. Or brew it in the Silverton, a brewer that’s a work of art in itself.
- Let it be itself. Don’t agitate it unecessarily when brewing, and don’t reheat it! Reheating changes the chemistry and taste of coffee, so drink it cold or brew a fresh batch.