The weather is getting chilly and on brisk, windy mornings, it’s understandable if you don’t feel like making that trek to the coffee shop. But you can have a hot, frothy cafe-sytle coffee, without ever changing out of your long johns. And what sounds good on this crisp fall morning? A slightly sweet, lightly spiced Vanilla Cafe Au Lait.
– A French press coffee brewer
– warm milk
– hot coffee
– simple syrup (brown sugar)
1) Brew coffee in a French press. Here’s how:
2) Promptly pour coffee into mugs, and set aside. Clean out French press.
3) Mix some simple syrup into warm milk and pour the mixture into your French press to froth it. You may have to modify your brewer’s plunger. Here’s how:
4) Use the French press to agitate the milk until it’s frothy, remove the top and pour or spoon the milk and foam into your coffee. (Promptly wash the milk residue out of your French press).
5) Garnish the drink with nutmeg and cinnamon on top.
Now get back on the couch, and don’t take those long johns off until summer. Enjoy!