From Draft Latte to Donuts. Sarah Suchoff of @srslydelcious shares her delectable donut recipe which uses our Coconut Mocha Draft Latte. Here’s what she has to say about it:
“Have a sweet tooth? I do! The holidays are filled with delicious sweets & treats but it’s not always easy to find gluten and dairy free desserts. I’ve always loved donuts so I decided to make my own with La Colombe’s Dairy Free Coconut Mocha Draft Latte. They’re delicious, healthy, and loved by family and friends (who don’t have food intolerances)! Give it a shot, you won’t be disappointed.”
- 1 cup of Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp organic cacao powder
- 1 1/4 cup La Colombe Coffee Coconut Mocha Draft Latte (you’ll need 2 cans and will have half of a can left to drink while you bake!)
- 3 tsp coffee extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
Chocolate Glaze with Coconut Ingredients
- 2 bars of dark chocolate (about 2 oz. each), broken into pieces
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Coconut Flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 and lightly grease 2 donut pans.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (gluten free flour to cacao powder) and whisk until clump free.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix all the wet ingredients (draft latte to coconut oil). Whisk until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined.
- Pour batter into each donut tin, filling each tin just barely to the brim.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The edges of the donuts will have separated from the sides of their tin and small air bubbles will appear on the top (do not fear, this is a-o-kay).
- Let donuts rest for 5 minutes before removing from donut pans. Place donuts on a cooling rack.
- Next, melt dark chocolate pieces with 2 tsp of coconut oil. You can melt the chocolate in the microwave or on the stove top. To melt on stove top, add an inch of water to a sauce pan and rest a bowl on top. Add chocolate pieces and coconut oil to the bowl and melt on medium high heat for about 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Dip the top of each donut (the air bubble side) into the chocolate glaze and let rest for 2-3 minutes on the cooling rack. Dip each donut again. Let chocolate cool for about 5 minutes before topping with coconut flakes.
- Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days or in the fridge for 1 week.