The perfect snack for a holiday hike, yogurt topping for an easy breakfast, or crunchy pairing with a hot afternoon cup. Made with our limited-edition Lyon blend with $2 of every box sold going towards No Kid Hungry in their mission of working to end childhood hunger by helping launch and improve programs that give all kids the healthy food they need to thrive.
This treat is sure to keep giving long after it’s gone.
-3 cups rolled oats
-1 cup chopped pecans
-1 cup pumpkin seeds
-1 ½ cups hazelnuts
-¼ cup sesame seeds
-3/4 tsp cardamom
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/4 cup ground La Colombe Lyon ground coffee
-½ cup honey or maple syrup
-1/4 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup olive oil
-2 teaspoons vanilla
-Zest from 2 oranges
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the chopped pecans and pumpkin seeds on one parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, and the hazelnuts on another.
- Roast the nuts in the oven for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Wrap the hazelnuts in a kitchen towel and shake/rub them vigorously to remove the skins––there will likely be some left, but that’s fine!
- Let the nuts cool and turn the oven to 300 F.
- Line the two baking sheets with foil and set aside.
- Roughly chop the hazelnuts. In a large bowl, combine the nuts, seeds, oats, sesame seeds, cardamom, salt, and coffee. Set aside.
- Combine the honey or maple syrup, brown sugar, and olive oil in a small saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Stir in the vanilla and orange zest.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the dry mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Spread the granola between the two lined baking sheets, patting into an even layer.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir the granola and pat it back into an even layer, then bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until your whole house smells wonderfully orangey and the granola is nice and toasty.
- Let cool completely, then break into clusters and enjoy with a steaming mug of coffee!