Photos From Sourcing Trip to Thailand

Here are a few photos from our co-founder Todd Carmichael’s latest trip to Thailand. They filmed another Dangerous Grounds episode for season 2, and according to Todd, came back with some “monster coffee.”

UPDATE 11/18/13: The coffee is here! Learn more and purchase here.

On the boat in port of Bangkok

Gorgeous building in Bangkok

Gorgeous building in Bangkok

Little street musician in Thailand

Little street musician in Thailand

16 Comments on Photos From Sourcing Trip to Thailand

1. Savannah Schober // July 10, 2013 at 11:40 pm // Reply

I can’t wait! i”m obssesed with this show!!

2. Hey Todd, what a pleasure it was to meet you on the bus at Bangkok airport – flight from Narita-Bangkok. Wow!! Meeting you made our long flight from Atlanta/Narita/Bangkok worth it! Love your show! Right now, watching you in PNG looking for Blue Mountain coffee there. Thanks man!

3. Love the show, and love the northern Thai Arabica coffee grown by the local Karen hill-tribes in the mountains about halfway between Chiang Mai and the Burma border. Hope that you get to sample some of the Burmese Arabica coffee that’s grown in the mountains around the town of Maymyo.

4. Love your show, love the coffee, always order up some with every show and if we REALLY love it order more, Guerro Mexican Coffee my favorite this year! Haven’t tried Thai yet ordering now!

5. I love watching this show. My grandpa used to own a coffee and nut roasting business. I can relate to to flinging those big bags of coffee when I was a kid!

6. mike suddreth // February 20, 2014 at 1:31 pm // Reply

keep the coffee coming you work so hard to bring new flavours’ to usa

7. Love your show and absolutely love La Colombe coffee! Look forward to waking up each morning & starting the day off with a cup or 4. Hardest part is deciding which type of coffee to enjoy!!

8. Sherry Sullivan // February 20, 2014 at 9:36 pm // Reply

My husband and I never miss a show! You’re getting more and more dangerous! Careful!!!

9. Glenn beaudry // February 21, 2014 at 6:07 pm // Reply

Love your show so much. Never
    Miss it. But was looking for Thailand coffee. Is it available to the Public. Would love to try it. Thanks. Glenn.

10. What is the symbolism of your logo? Is it a dove? The dove of peace? Inquiring minds want to know. Love your show as it reminds me of a lot of the places I’ve visited.

• Yes, it is inspired by Picasso’s Dove of Peace drawings, and it sits on top of a coffee bean surrounded by coffee branches.

11. Love the show. Love you and Hollywood. Love your coffees. Have tried a few of them. Would love to meet you one day!

12. Richard W. Maxwell // March 1, 2014 at 6:05 am // Reply

Recent convert to the trueness of the Arabica. Watched one episode and was hooked, started doing my own research and have only began to understand the complexities of a great bean. Always on the look out for more info. Hope to catch up with you and Hollywood one day, till then, cio.

13. I’m going to try this Thailand coffee and I love the show ,it’s almost an obsession.

14. Clifford Imafidon // April 22, 2014 at 12:42 am // Reply

Todd, I am a fan of your show and I absolutely enjoy it. Sometimes I get scared that you put yourself in dangerous situations. Please be careful. Just watching your show has made me begin to love coffee more and more and I want to try out those good quality coffee you get from every trip.
    Thanks for all you do.

2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks

1. Dangerous Grounds Season 2 | La Colombe Torrefaction
  2. Dangerous Grounds Season 2 Premiering January 28 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT | La Colombe Torrefaction