Dear La Colombe Family & Friends,
We believe it is our duty to use our platform to promote long lasting change. In making systematic change that prioritizes decency and affords respect to everyone in our community.
That is why we are joining like-minded brands like Patagonia, Lululemon, and Ben & Jerry’s, among many others, in the #StopHateForProfit campaign.
What does this mean?
La Colombe stands with social justice organizations like Color Of Change, the NAACP, and like-minded brands like Patagonia, Lululemon, and Ben & Jerry’s to pause our ad spending on Facebook and Instagram to demand Facebook to address racism across their platforms. Recommended actions for Facebook as listed by Stop Hate for Profit include the following:
- Stop its platform from being used to amplify messages of racism and hate
- Ensure accuracy in political/voting matters by eliminating the politician exemption
- Remove misinformation related to voting
- Prohibit calls to violence by politicians in any format
- Submit to regular, third-party, independent audits of identity-based hate and misinformation with summary results published on a publicly accessible website
Our hope is that Facebook takes responsibility and commits to tangible change.
“I am proud to count La Colombe among those who are not spending on Facebook. Change only happens when we come together, and we are proud to stand beside so many like-minded companies calling for an end to hate for profit on social media,” said Todd Carmichael, CEO and Co-Founder of La Colombe.
Community means much more than coffee. It is important for us to be a part of moments towards the change we believe in. This is our start. Coffee fuels a better day but decency fuels a brighter future.
To learn more visit https://www.stophateforprofit.org/.
For questions/comments/concerns send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.