Bake your own weekend brunch with Pumpkin Spice Draft Latte Honey Buns from @healthyhomebakes.
-3 1/4 cups flour
-2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
-1/2 cup pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
-2/3 cup Pumpkin Spice Draft Latte
-2 tablespoons sugar
-4 tablespoons coconut oil
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 tsp all spice
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp almond milk
1. In the bowl of a mixer with dough attachment, (or by hand) stir together 1 1/2 cups flour and yeast, set aside.
2. In a medium saucepan, whisk together pumpkin, milk, sugar, salt, and two tablespoons coconut oil.
3. Heat on medium low, being careful not to boil! the oil will be melted and should be hot, but not burning to the touch.
4. Pour pumpkin mixture +beaten egg over the flour in mixer. (can also do this by hand) until mixture is wet. Gradually add remaining 1 3/4 cup flour. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour if needed, the dough should be pulling away from the sides and the bowl + should be almost clean.
5. Knead for about 8 minutes. You can do this by hand like I did ,lol, it’s a good workout.
6. Put dough into a greased bowl, cover+ let rise for one hour or doubled.
7. Punch dough down and roll out onto a floured surface (about 12 x 10 in)
8. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil and spread over dough, sprinkle with coconut sugar, allspice and cinnamon mixture.
9. Roll up starting with the shorter side as tightly as possible and slice into 7/8 pieces. Flatten out your dough with the palm of your hand and shape into oval/ honey bun shape!
10. Bake at 375 for 16- 20 min until lightly golden.
11. Add a spoonful of glaze on top of each bun & enjoy!