What’s better than a cup of our new Rwanda Early Riser Roast? A Rocher Marble Cake to go with it. Check out Mel Asserf’s Marble Cake recipe created with our very own Rwanda Roast.
Recipe Yields 1 large Bundt cake or 9 inch round cake or loaf pan (they all work) Bake at 350F for 35/40 min
** Make sure all your ingredients are at room temp
** If you don’t have buttermilk you can quickly make your own (1 cup whole milk with 1 tsp lemon juice or white vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes)
-160g Brown Sugar (light or dark)
-2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda 1 vanilla bean 4 eggs 120g soft (half melted butter) 100g of buttermilk
-40g Rwanda Early Riser coffee (room temp)
-100g dark chocolate chips
1. Pre heat your oven to 350F In a large mixing bowl combine your butter and sugar.
2. Mix together with your hand whisk or spatula.
3. Next add in your eggs one at a time and mix together after each addition.
4. Next add in all of your flour, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla Mix together and add in your buttermilk and coffee slowly until the batter is nice and smooth.
5. Divide your batter in half add 100g of melted chocolate chips to half the batter and leave the other half plain.
6. Pour both batters alternating Spoonfuls of each into your buttered mold.
7. Bake until tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Let the cake cool down before unmolding it.
Chocolate Rocher Coating Ingredients
-120g dark chocolate chips
-30g oil 80g milk chocolate chips
-150g toasted almonds chopped up
1. Melt the chocolate and add in the oil then add in the chopped almonds or hazelnuts and coat over your cake.
2. Let set and cut a slice of that perfect cake. Serve with a little coffee flavored whipped cream and fresh berries, or just devour as is!
3. You can also freeze individual slices for later.