Family bake night? Holiday dessert gift exchange? These Mocha Draft Latte Chocolate Truffles by Mel Asseraf of @bakingbossbabe (two-time winner of Chopped on the Food Network) are a great go-to for any holiday celebration.
Yields: 40-50 Truffles
Prep Time: 1 Hour
Rest Time: 2 Hours
2 Cups Dark Chocolate Chips
1 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
5 Tbsp Soft Unsalted Butter
1/4 Cup Heavy Cream
Cocoa Powder (For Dusting)
- Bring Mocha Draft Latte, Heavy Cream, and Sugar to a slow boil.
- Pour in your chocolate chips and let it sit for 30 seconds.
- Whisk together the created ganache for about 5 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the soft butter little by little until all combined and cover with plastic wrap. Let it sit out for a few hours or overnight.
- With a small tablespoon, spoon out amounts of ganache and roll them into even size balls
- Work quickly and with a tray or plate that you can keep refrigerated (it can get a little messy).
- When you have rolled them all up, pour cocoa powder onto a plate or sheet tray and roll each ball into it until completely coated.
Keeps for 2-3 weeks in airtight container in the refrigerator.